David is a Graduate Member of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (CMIOSH) and has a comprehensive understanding of health and safety legislation gained working in the construction and petro chemical industry and from his academic studies.
With his hands on experience working as a fitter, site manager, in the cladding and curtain walling industry, and as a safety adviser in construction and the petro- chemical sector, it has given him a unique and personable approach to teaching which is reflected in the high pass rates on the courses.
As well as teaching CITB accredited courses he has a vast knowledge in carrying out, the following:
- Auditing HS&E Management systems. & workplace inspections
- Teacher trainer of health and safety
- Issuing and signing of permit to works
- Advice on Composing and giving tool box talks
- Advise on risk assessments and method statements.
William McDougal CMIOSH
William is a Chartered Member of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (CMIOSH).
An accomplished and well qualified Environmental Health and Safety Manager with a wealth of experience in the Petro-Chemical industry and construction industry. Safety Training. Develops and delivers procedures and training packages to process staff and specific procedural training for supervisors in permit to work, confined space, hot work, working at height, excavation and emergency response.
- Training Delivery- Delivers classroom lectures, training packages and practical applications on plants, offering case examples to complement the training to aid learning and understanding.
- Training Packages- Developed and delivered chemical plant training packages to NVQ level 3.
- Health Safety and training experience Pharmaceutical/Petrochemical- Extensive operational, Environmental Health Safety and training experience.
- HSE Management- Extensive chemical plant operation, health and safety experience, expertise and qualifications enabling operation at a high level in Environmental Health and Safety.
- Health and Safety- Extensive experience advising and implementing proposals in chemical industries.
- Communication- Clear, concise and effectively communicates with peers and colleagues at all levels.
- Implementation- Devised and implemented HSE policies-monitoring, inspections,audits and reports.
- Risk Assessment- Deals with COSHH and general risk assessments, permit to work, high hazard assessments.