Health & Safety Awareness
This course can be taken as part of the qualification for a CSCS Labourers Card (Green Card) together with the Health Safety and Environment test.
This one day course is for those that are new to the Construction and Civil Engineering industry, the course is designed to give delegates an awareness of Health and Safety and how this will affect their role, it can be used as preparation training for the CITB Health Safety and Environment test or as refresher training.
Delegates with little or no health and safety experience who are relatively new to the industry or labourers who want to attain the Green card.
The aims and of objectives this course is to give delegates who want to achieve the green card a greater understanding of potential hazards in the workplace and an overview of the health and safety at work act 1974 as well as learning their own responsibilities and that of others and understanding the need to identify and prevent accidents, the importance of good communication and not to turn a blind eye understand the reason why we have risk assessments and method statements and the importance of reporting unsafe acts and near misses.
This course will cover:
- A basis overview of Health and safety law.
- Communication and consultation including the importance of good tool box talks and how they can make an impact if done correctly.
- Their own general responsibilities
- Explain the importane of method statements and risk assessments
- Explain the role of HSE inspectors
- The nature of accidents, reporting, prevention and costs related including near misses.
- Health safety and welfare including weils disease and the importance of good hygiene, the problems with drugs and alcohol in the workplace and welfare facilities.
- Health issues such as respiratory risks caused by dust or aiborne materials and the control measures required such as RPE.
- Manual handling explanation of TILE the task individual and load and environment
- Working at height and the Hierachy of controls and the definition of working at height and the difference between control measures.
- Personal protective equipment its suitability and uses.
- Evacuation procedures
- Hazardous substances including COSHH and the effects of Asbestos and lead.
- Electrical Safety including safe use of portable tools PAT testing overhead power lines.
- Noise and vibration including control measures to mitigate the problems
- An overview of working in excavations and confined spaces.
- Safety signs and their meanings
- Finishing with an end of course examination.
This is a 1 day course.
A certificate will be issued within 2 weeks of passing the course however this does not stop delegates for applying for the green card.
Middlesbrough, York & Newcastle
The course lasts five days and is taken over 5 consecutive days. During the course, candidates must pass core exercises. At the end of the training, they must sit an examination in order to qualify for the certificate.Readmore
1 day course in Middlesbrough
This course can be taken as part of the qualification for a CSCS Labourers Card (Green Card) together with the Health Safety and Environment test.Readmore
Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme
At Collective Safety Solutions we aim to provide a range of training programmes and learning opportunities that are accessible to all and which meet the specific needs and requirements of all individuals.Readmore