NEBOSH Oil & Gas
The NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil & Gas Operational Safety is an industry recognised qualification delivered over 5-days for individuals with safety responsibilities in the oil and gas industry.
This course focuses on international standards and management systems, supporting delegates in discharging workplace safety responsibilities both onshore and offshore. The course focusses on process safety management in the oil and gas industry.
Anyone in the oil and gas sectors that has safety responsibilities including:
• Employee representatives
• Health and Safety Representatives
• Anyone that requires process safety as part of their core competences
The course is assessed by written examination on the final day.
• Gives a professional insight into operational safety in the oil and gas sectors.
• Provides a recognised international qualification, allowing delegates to demonstrate competence to managers and clients.
• Develops knowledge of process safety, reducing accidents and saving organisations
The following areas are covered by the NEBOSH International Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Management:
Health, Safety and environmental management in context
• Learning from Incidents
• Hazards inherent in oil and gas
• Risk Management Techniques used in the oil and gas industries
• Safety cases and safety reports
Hydrocarbon process safety 1
• Contractor management
• Process Safety Management (PSM)
• Role and Purpose of a permit-to-work system
• Key principles of shift handover
• Plant operations and maintenance
Hydrocarbon process safety 2
• Failure modes
• Safety critical equipment controls
• Safe storage of hydrocarbons
• Furnace and boiler operations
Fire protection and emergency response
• Fire and explosion risk in the oil and gas industries
• Emergency Response
Logistics and Transport operation
• Marine Transport
• Land Transport
Delivered over 5 days with written examination on the final day.
Middlesbrough, York & Newcastle
The course lasts five days and is taken over 5 consecutive days. During the course, candidates must pass core exercises. At the end of the training, they must sit an examination in order to qualify for the certificate.Readmore
1 day course in Middlesbrough
This course can be taken as part of the qualification for a CSCS Labourers Card (Green Card) together with the Health Safety and Environment test.Readmore
Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme
At Collective Safety Solutions we aim to provide a range of training programmes and learning opportunities that are accessible to all and which meet the specific needs and requirements of all individuals.Readmore